North Attleboro, MA. February 17,2010 – Hodess Construction Corporation has recently completed a project for Hovione, a pharmaceutical company with four sites throughout the world in the U.S., China, Ireland and Portugal. Hovione had recently acquired equipment from Acusphere, a company located in Tewksbury, MA, to enable them in the production of sterile drug products. The equipment included aseptic-spray drying, WFI, clean steam, CIPS/R and other process utilities. Also included were vial filling and capping equipment and various pieces to aid in the sterilization and drying process. The equipment acquired from Tewksbury was to be dismantled and shipped to Hovione’s facility in Loures, Portugal. Special emphasis was put on the documentation of all of the equipment that was going to be dismantled and shipped.
Hodess’ role was to oversee the disconnecting of all electrical services and process utilities as well as the labeling, dismantling, packaging and shipping of all equipment. This required a process where all points of disconnect were predetermined, labeled and documented before any physical dismantling occurred. Everything was labeled in accordance with the P&ID’s for each individual piece of equipment and all labels were available in a master list, broken down by room then equipment number. All equipment and rooms were photographed as well as video taped before, during and after dismantlement. This was done to assure that when the 20+ containers with equipment arrived in Portugal, Hovione would have all the resources necessary to reassemble this facility. Hodess completed this job on schedule.
Similar Hodess Projects
- Hodess Construction Completes 18,000s/f Mobius II LEED certified cleanroom expansion for Millipore Corporation
- Johnson Controls Inc. - Saft- Lithium Ion Battery Plant, Holland, MI
- Hodess Construction to Complete Cleanroom for University of Maryland
- Hodess Construction to Complete Second Job for Insight Technology
- Grand Opening of Saft's Lithium Ion Battery factory in Jacksonville, FL, built by Hodess Construction Corp.
- Hodess Awarded Design/Build Cleanroom and Laboratories for Collagen Matrix in Oakland, NJ
- Hodess Cleanroom in GE's Commercial for General Electric Ecomagination.
- Hodess Construction in Building and Construction Northeast for a Second Time.
- Hodess Construction Completes Millipore Expansion
- Hodess Construction Corp. awarded Community Tissue Services in Kettering, Ohio
- Hodess' Millipore Mobius II Cleanroom Achieves LEED Gold Certification
- Hodess' Cleanroom at GE Healthcare Achieves LEED Gold Certification
- Hodess Construction to Speak at 2010 Battery Expo in San Jose, CA
- Hodess Construction in Building & Construction Magazine (Northeast) for GE Healthcare