Hodess Construction Corp. has been awarded the design/build cleanroom and dryroom portion of the construction of Johnson Controls Inc. new Lithium Ion Battery Plant in Holland, Michigan. Through a join venture with French based battery company Saft, JCI-Saft will be a leading producer of hybrid and electric battery systems. JCI-Saft will be creating the new plant in the existing JCI Meadowbrook facility.
Hodess is working side by side with JCI-Saft, and for this project, with design partner SMRT of Portland, Maine, to create the new facility. The 36,000 sq ft space will include Class 100 and Class 1,000 cleanroom space, as well as dryroom space. These dryrooms will have less then 1% relative humidity, which is essential to the battery process. Hodess will be working closely with JCI-Saft’s tool vendors for MEP coordination. HCC will be responsible for the architectural, mechanical and electrical for the clean and dryrooms, including the critical Munter’s desiccant dehumidifiers, which, along with HCC’s fan filter supply and return plenum concept, will provide 100% of the air to the rooms. This allows the rooms to reach the critical less than 1% RH. Construction is expected to finish in December 2010.
Similar Hodess Projects
- Grand Opening of Saft's Lithium Ion Battery factory in Jacksonville, FL, built by Hodess Construction Corp.
- Hodess Construction Completes 18,000s/f Mobius II LEED certified cleanroom expansion for Millipore Corporation
- Hodess Construction to Speak at 2010 Battery Expo in San Jose, CA
- Hodess Construction Completes Project for Hovione
- Hodess Construction to Complete Second Job for Insight Technology
- Hodess Construction in Building & Construction Magazine (Northeast) for GE Healthcare
- Hodess Cleanroom in GE's Commercial for General Electric Ecomagination.
- Hodess Construction Corp. awarded Community Tissue Services in Kettering, Ohio
- Hodess Construction to Complete Cleanroom for University of Maryland
- Hodess' Millipore Mobius II Cleanroom Achieves LEED Gold Certification
- Hodess Construction in Building and Construction Northeast for a Second Time.
- Hodess' Cleanroom at GE Healthcare Achieves LEED Gold Certification
- Hodess Construction Completes Millipore Expansion
- Hodess Awarded Design/Build Cleanroom and Laboratories for Collagen Matrix in Oakland, NJ